Greensoft™ Coatings have a soft, tactile, velvety feel and have excellent adhesion for conventional and in-mold labels, paperboard, and paper. Greensoft is also available to print on selected plastics. It is available in fragrances! Greensoft is available as a Green UV Coating or in Aqueous formulations. Our coatings experts can help you decide which one is suited for your use and project.
To promote environmental responsibility, Greensoft™ contains up to 25% renewable resources. It is 100% reactive and contains no solvents.
GREENSOFT™ 123 SoftTouch™ is a translucent, UV-curable, velvety coating containing over 17% renewable bio resources. It is 100% reactive and contains no solvents. It is designed for flexographic, rotogravure, or smooth roller applications—alone or over ink. It performs well with 12-18 BCM, thin wall, or channeled aniloxes. GREENSOFT™ 123 is a specialty product for paper, paperboard, and selected plastics used to create luxurious aesthetics and a tactile velvety feel, while providing the protection of a UV coating.
- Over heatset, UV, or waterbase inks
- Cures 4x faster than conventional UV SoftTouch™1
- Floodcoat or Spot over Heatset, UV, Hybrid, or Waterbased inks
- Printable, glueable, embossable, scorable, foldable
- Luxurious gentle feel
- Viscosity 100-300 cps @ 77°F (shear thinning)
- Application Weight 1.0 lb. per 1000 sq. ft. typical
- Cure Rate 250-400 fpm @ 600W/in Hg @ 2″ focal1
- Specific Gravity 1.04-1.05 g/cm3; 8.69lbs./gal
1 Cure rate for 1#/1000ft2—varies with bulb focal distance and substrates. Allow 24-hour postcure for ultimate properties.